The Lamar Hennon Field seats 1,100 (not including the parking areas along the outfield) and was officially dedicated on Nov. 4, 1989.
It is the oldest athletic facility on campus still in use as the field site itself, then called Cooper Field, has been used since 1910. It was also the home of the LMU Airedale/Railsplitter football team and portions of it were used for track and field events by the LMU track team. Until the renovation of the site in 1988-89, home plate was located in the area now comprising left field, and the stands and LMU tennis courts were adjacent to the right field line.
In the late 1980's Lamar Hennon, a 1959 graduate of LMU and an All-VSAC catcher, spearheaded the effort to renovate and modernize the baseball facilities as LMU made the move from NAIA to the NCAA Division II. The field and stands area were renamed the Lamar Hennon Field in his honor.
Within the past few years lights have been installed and the field resurfaced.
LMU Baseball Video Campus TourLocker Room RenovationsÂ
Â
Â
Â
Â